Massage software and general scheduling software

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

Massage software and general scheduling software

Postby vhaoluu on Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 am

Is there a real difference between these kinds of software? What makes the massage scheduling software specific to that job type?

Thanks for any help :)
vhaoluu
Fresh Hands

Re: Massage software and general scheduling software

Postby Timedess on Tue May 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Weeeellll, we've recently gone through that whole question in our office. We were using a general online booking/scheduling software, which worked okay for two years. But we had issues with making sure the financial records were completely straight when *I* wasn't at the office (Hubby kept forgetting to mark down how ppl paid, or if a tip was included, etc.).

I decided to go on a hunt for something better-- something that would make my job *easier*, but not cost an arm and a leg. I found it. We signed up with Spa-Booker Lite ummm... a couple of months ago. We moved to a new location, and have been open here for just barely over a month, so have only been actively using the Spa-Booker Lite software for that length of time. I still have a few kinks to work out (it's the learning curve, not problems with the software. I'm tackling my learning projects one at a time.), but overall, we are *very* happy with it. Hubby can check clients in, go work on them, then when the appointment is over check them out. It records the method of payment, amount of payment, and even prompts for re-booking. We have not implemented the online booking button on our web site yet, but that will come soon. I am in the process of getting hooked up with their credit card processing company, which will then allow us to accept (swipe) credit cards through the Spa-Booker software and make my life even *easier* (as opposed to the imprint/call-it-in-later process we're using now).

We can even make SOAP/progress notes directly into a client's records in the software, though he's still leaning toward the paper version for now.
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information