Post Your Website Here

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

lotusgirl
Registered Member

Post Your Website Here

Post by lotusgirl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:42 am

Would anyone like to post links to their massage therapy practice website so we can check 'em out? I think it would be interesting to see the different sites everybody created.

(And also maybe spark some creativity on my end. I've been trying to motivate myself to make one. hehe ;))
Cassandra/Lotusgirl

RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

Re: Post Your Website Here

Post by RelaxandRejuvenate » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:47 am

Smithers: "Sir, I'm afraid we have a bad image, people see you as a bit of an ogre." Mr.Burns: "I ought to club them and eat their bones!"

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:38 pm

bodymechanic
Fresh Hands

Post by bodymechanic » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:40 pm

Nice website RelaxandRejuvenate. Very professional feel. I'd be curious to learn more about the specifics of your (almost!) nationwide biz sometime.
Here is my website: (inactive link removed)

Please feel free to use the contact link or a PM to send any suggestions.
Have a Healthy day.

Edited on 06-18-2008 by ccMarie to remove inactive website link.

jillrmt
Registered Member

Post by jillrmt » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:49 am

Jeff,
I love your website...you have updated it since I saw it last.  Lot's of pics and great information.  I like the way you write, it's personal but professional AND you set up your own website!  Great job. :)
Jillian, RMT
Canada

"We as healers should be working together not in the spirit of competition, but in the spirit of compassion"

barefoot
Registered Member

Post by barefoot » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:07 am

Sally L. Hurwitch, C.M.T.
Barefoot in Cozumel
www.barefootincozumel.com

Texas-gal

Post by Texas-gal » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:26 am

Staggnant.
I am interested in your mailing list subscription/unsubscription boxes.
Could you give me an idea as to how they work and where you got the link ups at?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Purrkitty
Fresh Hands

Post by Purrkitty » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:00 am

randilmt
Registered Member

Post by randilmt » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:52 am

here is my latest web site

inactive link removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012
Last edited by randilmt on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randi Mears, lmt, nctmb
When was your last massage?

Lucas&LucasLLC
Fresh Hands

Post by Lucas&LucasLLC » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:19 am

Thanks for the idea.  :)

http://www.lucasandlucasllc.com
Visit Lucas & Lucas, LLC for Advanced Massage Therapy in Houston, Texas. Our Facebook page will provide you with updated clinic information and interesting links.

Tracey
Registered Member

Post by Tracey » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:07 am

hey Jeff....I hope you don't take this the wrong way....but -
I must ask...what is up w/ the picture you have selected for this forum? I'm not sure if I am seeing it correctly but....is it a male (you?) in a bunny costume holding up a carrot and giving the middle finger?
No offense but......surely...after reviewing your website you definately exhibit alot more class and professionalism than the picture you have selected for this forum. In all honesty, that picture (on this forum) gives the impression of...well...someone I would not take too seriously for massage ...but that is strictly my own opinion.
Yet on your website...I would take you much more seriously. You portray alot more class and professionalism in connection with your business.  I like the way you have decorated your space, the services you offer, and the ease with which I can traverse the site to get information about you. Your prices are a real bargain.. and I think your website is GREAT. In fact...if you were in NJ I would def check you out.
Funny how images have a way of giving certain impressions.
I personally would encourage you to re-think the one you have chosen for this forum....and also "Stagnant??" (albeit it you spell it w/ 2 g's)
Why did you choose that name?
Webster's dictionary defines:
Stagnant - Not moving or flowing: MOTIONLESS <stagnant water>. 2. Foul from standing still: STALE <stagnant air>
Why would you choose such a derogatory descriptive (stagnant)  for YOU and/or your work? Seems the very antithesis to what I would equate with massage.
Perhaps I am missing the joke.
A+ for website though.
again, just my observation...take it with a grain of salt.

randilmt
Registered Member

Post by randilmt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:55 pm

I did my own work
Randi Mears, lmt, nctmb
When was your last massage?

jdrose
Registered Member

Post by jdrose » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:48 am

Still working on my site but it is at least presentable enough for public consumption now. :)

Built/am building it myself.

Edited on 06-18-2008 by ccMarie to remove inactive website link.
The body is the harp of the soul. - K. Gibran

Tracey
Registered Member

Post by Tracey » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:02 am

Real nice.
Simple - elegant...easy to traverse.
Love the quote by Kahlil Gibran - one of my favorite poets.

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:29 am

lovely, JD Rose!

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:52 am

Jeff,

I love your website...you have updated it since I saw it last.  Lot's of pics and great information.  I like the way you write, it's personal but professional AND you set up your own website!  Great job. :)
Jill, thanks! Yes, I updated a lot in the past month or so. Thanks again for the compliments!

Texas-gal, I found a cgi script called xNewsletter 2.0 . It was really simple to install and modify, especially if you have prior HTML and CGI experience.

And Tracey, yes, my avatar is a bunny (not me, lol) holding up the middle finger. It's from some older German flick I watched and just HAD to have the pic. When I saw it, I thought it was the most hillarious thing I'd ever seen at the time.

As for my nickname... my last name is Stagg (with 2 g's, as in gay and ghetto) (sorry, fav phrase of mine), and my friends at work used to call me Staggnant. It just kinda stuck with me, and it's been a screenname of mine for pretty much everything. The first message board I was ever a member of, the Atheist Network Message Forum, is where I really started using my nickname and that avatar. They, along with my signature at the bottom of every post, are a huge reflection on my sense of humor. And no, I would NEVER put anything like that on my website, brochures, advertisements of ANY kind.

This, for me, is just a more relaxed setting where I can discuss business with peers without having to be so formal all the time. It's like a getaway for me, and I really love it. :)

Janey
Fresh Hands

Post by Janey » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:11 am

Here's ours.  We traded for it.  : )

www.equinoxhealingarts.com

RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

Post by RelaxandRejuvenate » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:19 pm

Nice website RelaxandRejuvenate.  Very professional feel. I'd be curious to learn more about the specifics of your (almost!) nationwide biz sometime. 
Thanks. It keeps us busy. We expect to be operating in Seattle by the middle of 05

We will let you know when we get there!

alohaoz
Fresh Hands

Post by alohaoz » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm

G'day!

There's some really nice sites listed here folks.

Our website is http://www.touchofaloha.org

We are practitioners and teachers of Hawaiian Lomi Lomi and Stone Therapy in Australia.

For your info, I built our site using a really cool online program called Site Build It, you've probably heard of it.

If not, it might be worth a look if you're just starting out and don't know how to program.

http://www.sitesell.com/online-site-builder.html

Anyway, if you've got a minute or two to check out my site, I'd love to know what you think!

Cheers!  :)

StressSolutions

Post by StressSolutions » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:39 pm

inactive link removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012 is mine, hope the link works!!  Great work, everyone!!  mick

YogaLMT
Registered Member

Post by YogaLMT » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:33 pm

Mine's

http://www.santoshaomaha.com/

edited on 06-13-2008 by ccMarie to update website link.
~ Andrea

terab
Registered Member

Post by terab » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:26 pm

What a really great idea!  
My site is http://www.puremassage.biz
Please feel free to give any feedback!

Tracey
Registered Member

Post by Tracey » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:12 am

Sally, I just have to say how much I enjoyed your website.
The Ashiatsu Oriental Bar therapy is very interesting.
I have a friend who is an independent building contractor, and everytime I give him a massage he requests I walk on his back. He gets so tight and locked up in his mid-upper thoracic area that the extra pressure from the walk is what seems to free it up and work best for him, plus he likes the way the heel and ball of the feet are able to work around scapula and slide up the spine from the lower back. I am very careful to avoid the kidneys and spinal bones.
I prop 2 chairs alongside of him (while on the floor) to distribute the weight but it does not give me the fluidity like it looks that you have with those bars.  Wow that looks like a perfect way to go.
I showed him your website. And since he is a professional building contractor he might wish to build himself something similar with those bars to accomodate the type of therapy he seems to enjoy so much. (He has a big old house and could make his own therapy room.)
I would also imagine it to be good for the therapist, as you get a good stretch in your back and shoulders while stregnthening the arms, and working with your feet instead of constantly using your hands.
If I had my own studio...I would definately persue something like that.

One thing though, I have never seen any trainings for that modality here where I live in NJ.
By the way...Cozumel looks beautiful...I am curious how your journey led you there ....smile.

barefoot
Registered Member

Post by barefoot » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:39 am

Rather than hijack this thread, I'll email you. I'm happy to answer publicly if you want to start a new thread.  
Sally
Sally L. Hurwitch, C.M.T.
Barefoot in Cozumel
www.barefootincozumel.com

Return to “Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information”