Business coaching vs. Practice counseling

A discussion board for matters relating to appropriate business and practice ethics, matters regarding conduct of clients and practitioners as well as a place to discuss dilemmas that cross our paths.

Moderators: riversinger, jdcan

Postby Breathe on Sat May 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Much better, much healthier, lighter workload. Plus I'm off coffee. (w00t! 5-6 cup-a-day 15 year addiction!) Rode my bike home from work yesterday- almost 6 miles, and didn't feel like I was dying this morning OR like I broke my bum. :lol:

Yeah, people still "need" me, yes I still make concessions in my schedule, but only after I evaluate the rest of the week, and whether I've been working too hard already. If they need to be treated right away, and I don't have a reasonable space to book them, I have a couple of numbers that I hand out-- even for existing, regular clients. If they are really and truly desperate, they'll see another therapist. If they are just pushing, they can wait. (I sound cold-hearted, but I'm not... just learning, finally, to take care of my own well-being.)

Thank you sooo much for asking!
abusing the word "actually" since 1973
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby cabwy on Sun May 04, 2008 3:41 am

LOL,,, 6 miles, eh?? AWESOME!
So glad to hear such a good follow up report. There really CAN be a rainbow after the rain!!
wooo hooo!
Carol
cabwy
Registered Member

treat and release

Postby holley on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 am

This thread is worth the time
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."
holley
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Business/Practice Ethics, Conduct Issues & Questionable Dilemmas