Massage Envy in the news

A discussion board for matters relating to appropriate business and practice ethics, matters regarding conduct of clients and practitioners as well as a place to discuss dilemmas that cross our paths.

Moderators: riversinger, jdcan

Massage Envy in the news

Postby JLWmassage on Tue May 06, 2014 4:45 am

JLWmassage

Re: Massage Envy in the news

Postby RelaxandRejuvenate on Tue May 06, 2014 9:19 am

Not sure the point of these posts.

Groupon et al have faced numerous class action suits for the T&Cs of their sales and have had to amend them, TO THE DETRIMENT OF THEIR MERCHANT PARTNERS. I am the one who has to honor an expired GROUPON at their face value, not GROUPON, so this kind of litigation hurts Spas more than it hurts Groupon.

I would be willing to bet that the % of therapists who work at ME who have had their licenses revoked/suspended by state boards is probably lower than the % of MTs revoked who were in private practice. Cretins demean and injure the entire profession, not just ME. As a consumer, I would be more like to go to an establishment than a private practice if I was worried about the creep factor. Being alone in a private practice is much more vulnerable than being in treatment room #8 of ME

Neither of these items benefit my business.
Smithers: "Sir, I'm afraid we have a bad image, people see you as a bit of an ogre." Mr.Burns: "I ought to club them and eat their bones!"
RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

Re: Massage Envy in the news

Postby pueppi on Wed May 07, 2014 11:44 am

I think when you have as many as 1,000 franchised clinics across the United States and over 130,000 customers, there are bound to be some issues that crop up.

For myself, as a consumer, I differ from the opinion expressed by R&R. Now of course, I am an MT, so I may know what to ask and look for better than the average massage consumer---- but, I would rather go to a private practice of someone I was referred to, than to go to a large franchise and wonder which therapist I would get. It is my understanding that the turn-over in these franchises is high, hands-on experience is relatively low and rarely does a client have the ability to see the same therapist for each visit. Please correct me if I am wrong about these observations.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Business/Practice Ethics, Conduct Issues & Questionable Dilemmas