Opening my Own Practice!

Help each other prosper! Share ideas, concerns and frustrations of developing your business. Share those creative marketing ideas that work! (SOAP charting, rate increases, outcalls, taxes, etc.)

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

crystal_compass
Registered Member

Opening my Own Practice!

Post by crystal_compass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello BWO Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers,

I have recently moved to a new state and after years of practicing at a spa and with a very small home practice I have decided it is time to take the leap.

I was ready to go to the local Hotel Resort Spa and apply but I want two aspects of my practice to be supported:

1) I want to be able to take time for intake and really support the clients I see in their education and self care. While I loved working in the spa environment where I was (I was fortunate there were no treatment sequences dictated to us and we could practice what our specialities were) there was such a stringent time table sometimes I wasn't able to take that extra time I wished to expound on different aspects of homework and self-care.

2) I want to control my schedule. (I hope I am not deluded here - I realize that marketing, scheduling, sheets, etc. is going to take a lot of time. I am a bit concerned that I will be spending even more time than I am anticipating. However, it just feels right.

I was VERY lucky as I was looking for a space on my own literally in the last month then just last week I received an email from someone who is opening a new location and it looks like it is going to be great. Will share details when it is a done deal.

Anyway, I just wanted to share and if you all have any tips or succinct issues you would like to share with me that I may not be anticipating I would appreciate it. I have had a varied background before I was licensed in 2006. I have sales experience as well so the marketing piece is fun for me. Right now, I am working with the Business Mastery book by Cherie Sohnen-Moe which I highly recommend and have been revising my business plan and creating my spreadsheets for financials.

I am grateful we have such a supportive community here!

-CC

crystal_compass
Registered Member

Re: Opening my Own Practice!

Post by crystal_compass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:35 pm

P.S. Any of you that have worked in a small town and have had to manage multiple duel relationships please do chime in and give me all the advice you can. That is the one issue that I think is going to be challenging and will require energy to manage.

holley
Registered Member

Re: Opening my Own Practice!

Post by holley » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 am

May you thrive and your celebrants(clients) weep with joy.
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."

Return to “Business Issues & Marketing Discussion”