More states take aim at massage apps

Help each other prosper! Share ideas, concerns and frustrations of developing your business. Share those creative marketing ideas that work! (SOAP charting, rate increases, outcalls, taxes, etc.)

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

More states take aim at massage apps

Post by RelaxandRejuvenate » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:54 pm

As you may be aware, California's new law all but eliminates independent contractors in the massage and spa industry, requiring such workers to be employees of the companies for which they provide services -- with payroll taxes shared with their employers, and receiving benefits like paid sick and family leave, Unemployment Insurance, workers comp and disability coverage provided too

NJ recently determined all Uber and Lyft drivers were in fact employees, which will soon apply to app MTs as well

NYs Governor in his state of the State speech has compared the Gig Economy to the Sweatshops of the 1900s and how vowed to end the exploitation of workers like you.

I am working on a series of articles for American Spa, Massage Magazine and some hotel trade publications

Would you be available for a 15 minute phone interview to discuss your experiences and the economics of working in the massage gig economy?
Smithers: "Sir, I'm afraid we have a bad image, people see you as a bit of an ogre." Mr.Burns: "I ought to club them and eat their bones!"

Return to “Business Issues & Marketing Discussion”