business cards

Links, cover letters, brochure information, articles and other items which can be put to use in practice and when approaching others in the health care fields.

Moderators: JLWmassage, Pete

Re: business cards

Postby ThatsTheRub on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm

i still can't say enough bad things about VistaPrint after my horrible experiences with them, but i recently font an old VP card and on of my newer ones made by OvernightPrints. NIGHT AND DAY. The ones from OP are truly superior and I firmly believe you ARE judged on the quality of your card...people like mine and hold on to them, i get them after they have been passed around for months between client's friends. Don't skimp on the cards!
That's the Rub!
Jim

ThatsTheRubMassage.com
Bloomington, Indiana
ThatsTheRub
Registered Member

Postby meltaway on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:24 am

ThatsTheRub wrote:i still can't say enough bad things about VistaPrint after my horrible experiences with them, but i recently font an old VP card and on of my newer ones made by OvernightPrints. NIGHT AND DAY. The ones from OP are truly superior and I firmly believe you ARE judged on the quality of your card...people like mine and hold on to them, i get them after they have been passed around for months between client's friends. Don't skimp on the cards!

Note: I've done quite a bit of graphic design in my years, so... I designed my own logo and business card, so I am not reliant on VP (or any other site)'s design funcitonality... so with that being said;

I used VP only because I needed cards, and they were having a big sale at the time leaving me only having to pay like $3-$4 for 500 (I believe) cards. They were the basic card stock, no gloss, etc. But... it meant that I had cards, so better than nothing, and assumed that I'd use these for the "back up" in-case-I-ran-out types of cards.

I kept looking - and found OvernightPrints.com (also due to a sale, I believe) and got 500 printed by them - the card stock, the gloss, etc. EVERYTHING is 1000x better than the VP cards. Absolutely night and day, as said above. GO for the few extra dollars and get a higher quality card, especially if you have a design already and aren't reliant on the website designer applications offered by many of these sites. I wish that a photo would demonstrate the differences between the cards, but really the weight of the paper and the feel is the biggest difference, not the "look" so I can't just photograph it! :) It REALLY makes a huge difference!
meltaway
Fresh Hands

Postby RelaxandRejuvenate on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

It's worth paying $100 or so to have business cards professionally designed and not rely on templates.

ONP had a labor day sale, $15 off any order, which when their business cards are as little as $25, is a steal
Smithers: "Sir, I'm afraid we have a bad image, people see you as a bit of an ogre." Mr.Burns: "I ought to club them and eat their bones!"
RelaxandRejuvenate
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Ran across this site today (they sent my office a postcard, so I don't know anything about them), and thought it may (or may not) be useful to someone out there.

GotPrint.com
http://gotprint.net/g/welcome.do
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 pm

massagechick wrote:I just started using http://www.zazzle.com. I got my cards the other day and I love the way they look. I got the indestructale ones and they seem to be made of some kind of plastic, waterproof and virtually tear proof. I love the feel of the silk cards so may have to try the ones at lotusgirl's link.

I was just looking at Zazzle today, and it seems they have a wide variety of options. Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who hasn't found something they like in a business card yet.

http://www.zazzle.com/businesscards
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby squash_blsm on Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 am

I ordered my last biz cards from
https://www.paperdirect.com/
I have been getting my brochure paper from them - because I like the freedom of being able to change my menu whenever I want ( hint: get the heavier stock paper for a more professional look and feel - I've been getting the lighter weight just because of price - but I have gotten good deals on clearance papers).
Anyway - the price was good and the cards look nice. Limited selection - and nothing really MT related, but the quality was decent and the turnaround much faster than vistaprint.
I was getting so tired of the options on Vistaprint...and since so many other MT's use them I wanted something different.
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Postby pueppi on Wed May 07, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for the link.

squash_blsm wrote:I was getting so tired of the options on Vistaprint...and since so many other MT's use them I wanted something different.

Good point, s_b. And, for those therapists who don't realize it, it's not difficult to be different. With most of these online printing companies you can design a card you like without being required to use the basic pre-created massage card formats. I have created something that works for my practice that is not a "massage template". So, I would say, don't hesitate to create something you want, on VP or any other site, instead of using the templates in your business category.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby staranise on Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 am

I completely agree pueppi :) I have not read all the previous posts but I got the impression from the ones I did that VP is frowned upon, due to everyone having the same design and the fact it is free but that is very shortsighted imo. I have been using VP for around 13 years, yes my first 500 were free but I have paid ever since then (occasionally I take advantages of half price special offers but often I pay full price). Also, my cards are personalised, I have uploaded my business logo, therefore my cards ARE unique to me. Regardless, you are better off having a bulk of mid range cards that you can distribute at will, than having premium cards which you are loathe to part with because of the expense (I knew a therapist who did this and she was out of business within the year).
staranise
Fresh Hands

Previous

Return to Professional Marketing Materials