Greetings from the MidWest

Introduce yourself; tell us your birthday; become a part of our community!

Moderator: GreenDragonfly

Greetings from the MidWest

Postby coelbren on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:38 am

Hi, I am about to graduate in a couple months (or so) here in the middle west. . . from massage school. Studied two levels of Thai massage and a Hakomi workshop previous to getting into massage school, also into energy work and a doula practice. Hoping to create a *sustainable* income source for myself doing massage on the side, and right now am studying the benefits of heat and cold therapy and writing a paper on it. Still studying for the MBLEX! Any good anatomy interactive sites you recommend?

Thanks!

Emma
coelbren
Fresh Hands

Re: Greetings from the MidWest

Postby pueppi on Tue May 16, 2017 10:05 am

Welcome to the forums! :)

We have a few therapists on the forum who know about Hakomi work. shivashiva mentions it here.

And, since you like Thai Massage, I pulled a search for you by topic, so you can find a few threads on the subject a little easier, while you are poking around the forums! Just click my handy-dandy link below. :)
search.php?keywords=Thai+Massage&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

For interactive anatomy sites, this Topic link may be helpful:
Anatomy/Pathology & Other Integrated Study Products

Plus:
Great Anatomy Sites - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=478&hilit=interactive+anatomy

And I located a snippet in another thread:
Here's a great one for anatomy:
GetBodySmart: Interactive Tutorials and Quizzes On Human Anatomy and Physiology

also: http://anatomy.uams.edu/anatomyhtml/muscles_back.html "This is a very detailed list of nearly ALL the muscles in the body along with innervation, origin, and insertion -- best of all they're grouped together!"

I admit that I have not double checked to make sure all of the links are updated within the threads. So, since they are older, you may have to do a little searching if something pops up as "not found". :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells... Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Introductions and Birthdays