blisters on hands - what's next?

Discussion of preventative and ongoing maintenance for Professional Bodyworkers.

Moderators: riversinger, JasonE

blisters on hands - what's next?

Postby makingachange on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 am

so after reading this thread about tiny blisters on my hands and fingers, i realize that i am having an allergic reaction to my very favorite cream in the world - lotus touch organic naturals. i can't tell you how this depresses me. :smt019

my hands are C O V E R E D. nothing is open, but my fingers are swollen and my palms are itchy and ugh!

so how do i get rid of these things?

amanda
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."~
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby StressSolutions on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 am

Oh, that is sad. I think you know the answer, you have to quit using it. Using some lavendar or tea tree might help heal them, but they should go away soon enough on their own.

Good luck finding something suitable. Have you tried Sombra's stuff? Pretty sure it is all natural and I know it is good quality.
StressSolutions

Postby Rose of Sharon on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:25 am

The quickest way for mine to heal when they get like that is to soak them in salt water and then let them have some sun - two or three times a day for a few days.

I use only single oil ingredients, though I may put EO's in them, I write down exactly what I use so that it is easy to rule out possible allergens/irritants. I have found that I have to rotate my oils or I become reactive, regardless of what I use. So, possibly, going to a different lubricant for awhile, then alternating them may work very well for you.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby Shannon on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 am

I get tiny blisters on my hands from time time as well. For me it isnt an allergic reaction,its just my hands tend to get really dry from washing so much and at its worst is when the blisters start to show.
I use Neutrogena lotion on my hands,it keeps them moisturized for quite a while and through a couple hand washings.
Shannon
Registered Member

Postby makingachange on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 am

thanks everybody!

i think i'll be going back to the coc. oil for awhile.
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:48 pm

WARNING:Image

I think I need a nap ... I read your post as follows:

so after reading this thread about tiny blisters on my hands and fingers, i realize that i am having an allergic reaction to my very favorite ice cream in the world - lotus touch organic naturals. i can't tell you how this depresses me.

My heart really went out to you. I mean, having an allergic reaction to your very favorite ice cream. How horrible would that be? Image
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 pm

When I had burning, itching palms and broke out I was able to relieve the symptoms with Apis M. homeopathic remedy.

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

Postby makingachange on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:17 pm

cstbrian wrote:WARNING:Image

I think I need a nap ... I read your post as follows:

so after reading this thread about tiny blisters on my hands and fingers, i realize that i am having an allergic reaction to my very favorite ice cream in the world - lotus touch organic naturals. i can't tell you how this depresses me.

My heart really went out to you. I mean, having an allergic reaction to your very favorite ice cream. How horrible would that be? Image

that would be dreadful!!
makingachange
Registered Member

Return to Self Care and Body Mechanics