I highly reccomend Pole Fitness to all MTs!!!

Discussion of preventative and ongoing maintenance for Professional Bodyworkers.

Moderators: riversinger, JasonE

I highly reccomend Pole Fitness to all MTs!!!

Postby AngelaJudy on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:32 pm

After just 2 weeks of Pole Fitness and after the soreness, bruises and exhaustion, my over all well being and my ability as a massage therapist have both greatly improved. I have so much more energy and my stress levels are way down. My whole body is stronger, but I am most happy about my hands, wrists, and forearms. I have greater strength and endurance while giving massage. I can apply deeper pressure and my wrists and thumb joints don't hurt. I also find myself more aware of my body mechanics and my hips have greater mobility. I highly reccomend this work out to everyone, especially my fellow Massage Therapists. Too bad they don't have classes for men! lol
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Re: I highly reccomend Pole Fitness to all MTs!!!

Postby cabwy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey AngelaJ,, that sounds pretty neat!! Glad to hear you had such great results.... I am starting a Pilates "vigil" next week, let's hope that I can say the same things after a couple weeks.
Carol
cabwy
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:03 am

Here's another cross-link that may also help those looking into this. :)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby AngelaJudy on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Good link Pueppi, lots of good infomation. I am actually training to be become a part time instructor, as it is my first year in my massage business and I want to be prepared for possible slow times. I am actually finding my energy and motivation through the roof now because of it. In the last few days, I have totally revamped my massage business. I've redesigned my website, changed my rates to better serve my clients, designed new marketing material, and put future plans in motion. The only con is I've done all this in the middle of the night because I am so amped that I can't stop thinking. I am exhausted and I just cannot turn my brain off. I think I need a good book to wind myself down at night. :shocked:
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby alleycat_lady on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 am

I loved pole dancing when I had time for it. With going to school and working full time I hardly have time to do anything. It's a great work out and the most fun I've had exercising.
alleycat_lady
Fresh Hands

Postby Rozax on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 am

Wrestling in high school put me in the best shape of my life, but I can see how that might be counterintuitive to the life of a massage therapist. I do have a few colleagues who still practice martial arts, so I'm considering my options. Unfortunately, there aren't many wrestling clubs for adults, unless you're aiming for the Olympics, so I'll have to search for something similar (Jiu-Jitsu's the top hit). I tried karate, but I need to do some cross-training to get my balance up, and there wasn't much in the way of exercise for beginners at my local dojo. Plus, I graduated from the university, and with that went my free-pass.
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org
Rozax
Registered Member

Postby JasonE on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Rozax wrote:Wrestling in high school put me in the best shape of my life, but I can see how that might be counterintuitive to the life of a massage therapist. I do have a few colleagues who still practice martial arts, so I'm considering my options. Unfortunately, there aren't many wrestling clubs for adults, unless you're aiming for the Olympics, so I'll have to search for something similar (Jiu-Jitsu's the top hit). I tried karate, but I need to do some cross-training to get my balance up, and there wasn't much in the way of exercise for beginners at my local dojo. Plus, I graduated from the university, and with that went my free-pass.

Jiu-jitsu is a great martial art for MTs, and I love it! It did wonders for my conditioning, my balance, and my understanding of the body and it's capabilities. I gained great kinesthetic awareness and it helped me develop some palpatory awareness/sensitivity. It also helped me develop better breathing habits and stress management, enabling me to remain calm and in control far more easily.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.
JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby katamay on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 am

Jiu-jitsu is a great martial art for MTs, and I love it! It did wonders for my conditioning, my balance, and my understanding of the body and it's capabilities. I gained great kinesthetic awareness and it helped me develop some palpatory awareness/sensitivity. It also helped me develop better breathing habits and stress management, enabling me to remain calm and in control far more easily.

Hehe, judo is the reason I knew I'd be okay as a massage therapist, even though I'm scrawny. I learned more about using my weight and size to my advantage there than I ever did in massage school!

Kat
On my way ... LMT or Bust! http://lmtorbust.com
katamay
Registered Member

Return to Self Care and Body Mechanics