Feeling seriously burnt out...

Discussion of preventative and ongoing maintenance for Professional Bodyworkers.

Moderators: riversinger, JasonE

Re: Feeling seriously burnt out...

Postby Elliemare on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:44 am

thatguymark wrote:Sorry to hear about your condition Elliemare, I had heard of the documentary when it was still in production but forgot and lost touch with the person who told me as well - I just did a search and thought it's worth mentioning that it's available for streaming on Netflix.

Thanks! Glad to hear its on Netflix. I'd like to see it again. I don't have a copy of it. A patient of my husband's loaned us her copy, she is lyme +. My aunt almost died a few years ago from undiagnosed lyme. It was like one of those "mystery diagnosis" episodes. She was in the ER and no one could figure out what was wrong with her. The doc actually said she though we were going to lose my aunt. Luckily, she got a proper diagnosis just in time. I'm very fortunate that I'm not at that stage and I'm so glad treatment is going so well at this point. However, I know there can be a lot of bumps in the road along the way. For the first few weeks of treatment, it was pretty brutal and I never knew what to expect from one day to the next. I hope those days are over... for good!
Elliemare
Registered Member

Postby thatguymark on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 am

I guess it is a bit off topic for the forum at this point, but I'm curious what treatment consists of?
thatguymark
Fresh Hands

Postby Elliemare on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:20 pm

thatguymark wrote:I guess it is a bit off topic for the forum at this point, but I'm curious what treatment consists of?

It all depends on what route you decide to go. Your typical MD will have no clue what to do other than throw antibiotics at it which can do more harm than good, especially in late stage cases.

There are many great lyme literate docs out there that make their treatment protocol available to the public, since they are so booked and overwhelmed with patients. Dr. Klinghardt has an amazing protocol consisting of both medical and alternative therapies http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Lyme-Disease/ This interview of Dr. Mercola discussing lyme disease with Dr. Klinghardt is extremely informative. Its long, but well worth the listen. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... sease.aspx

The Cowden protocol from Nutrimedix is a very successful program. http://www.nutramedix.ec/ns/lyme-protocol

Herbs of light has a really simple treatment program that I have found to be pretty effective. http://www.herbsoflight.com/

My local health food store is owned by a guy who is lyme +. He recently told me about a product that is supposed to break up the biofilm created by the spirochetes. The supplement is made from earth worms :shock: and its really expensive! I may give it a go one of these days. I haven't even gotten to the stage of dealing with biofilms yet.

Basically, there is no one simple treatment plan that works for everyone. The medical community basically knows next to nothing about lyme. The research that is being done shows that its not just a simple bacteria, its actually a highly intelligent spirochete that behaves like a parasite and mutates, hides and protects itself from being destroyed by the antimicrobials. Then there is the biofilm issue, and the miriade of co-infections.... its a continuing peeling away the layers of the onion.

Its one of those things that each individual must acts as his or her own advocate, educate themselves and do what they feel is best for their body. Its a very personal journey. It really isn't something that anyone can dictate "take this, and you'll get better" not even the doctors. Education is the key.

I have to say eliminating all sources of toxins really helps the body deal with the lyme load. Getting mercury fillings removed, doing heavy metal detoxes, colon cleanses, liver/gallbladder flushes and kidney cleanses. Eliminating as many chemicals in one's life as possible. A clean diet. It really helps tremendously because the borrellia bacteria give off neurotoxins. The more toxic the body in general, the more bogged down one will be with the symptoms of lyme (fatigue, brain fog, widespread joint pain, muscle stiffness and pain etc) AND the phases of the moon, as well as the barametric pressure aggrivates lyme symptoms. It sounds crazy, but its true!

Research, research, research. That's all I can say. The information is out there.
Elliemare
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Self Care and Body Mechanics