a fitness challenge of sorts...

Discussion of preventative and ongoing maintenance for Professional Bodyworkers.

Moderators: riversinger, JasonE

Re: a fitness challenge of sorts...

Postby stonegirl on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm

wow Angie - good for you! That is great!
I too have become a regular at my local YMCA :D I was just realizing that 3 yrs have passed since I first posted this thread. wow! how time flies. I've made alot of changes for the better these last 3 yrs. I workout with a trainer twice a week and do cardio 6 or 7 days/week. I absolutely love working out and CANNOT go more than 2 days without a good workout or I get all stressy.
And - it has made my work so much easier. I have so much more endurance now! Love it. :smt026 ---------> little jumpin' smiley - gettin' his exercise ;)
stonegirl

Postby stonegirl on Wed May 05, 2010 11:21 am

just found out - May is National Bike Month! May 17-21 is bike to work week - so get out and ride!
http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/
stonegirl

Postby stonegirl on Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 am

oh and.... I just found out this morning that my personal trainer is moving :cry: I've been working out with him twice a week for a year and a half, it's going to be a big adjustment to switch to someone else!
stonegirl

Postby moogie on Wed May 05, 2010 11:51 am

stonegirl wrote:oh and.... I just found out this morning that my personal trainer is moving :cry: I've been working out with him twice a week for a year and a half, it's going to be a big adjustment to switch to someone else!

Perhaps he can recommend a new trainer who has a similar style?

I know that this is almost as bad as your massage therapist moving!!

:irked:

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby stonegirl on Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

yes Angie - I am SO BUMMED!!! now, the "old me" would have used it for an excuse to stop exercising, lol. But I'll have you know, I'm bound and determined to not let this slow me down one bit!! But I am sad :(
He is planning to refer me to someone, he'll be here for another month so I've got a little bit more time...
stonegirl

Postby stonegirl on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

A new client - upon seeing my bike in my office - says "you ride your bike to work? or is that just a prop?"
me - "a prop?"
client - "yeah, you know, to promote the image of a healthy, active lifestyle, since you're in the wellness industry"
:shock: I couldn't believe someone would think I would just set that up there to have the "appearance" of an active lifestyle!
stonegirl

Postby lovelynb on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:34 pm

I can't believe he thought your bike was a prop either, stonegirl.

This is a great thread. I've been trying to exercise more recently. I usually walk daily and I've been doing yoga off and on, but I want to ramp it up a bit and really dedicate myself to my yoga practice. I've been practicing four times a week for the past couple weeks and I've feeling great. I'll definitely be following this thread.
Sign up for a listing in my free massage directory. It's growing every day. Massage Directory
lovelynb
Fresh Hands

Postby pueppi on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:57 am

stonegirl wrote:A new client - upon seeing my bike in my office - says "you ride your bike to work? or is that just a prop?"
me - "a prop?"
client - "yeah, you know, to promote the image of a healthy, active lifestyle, since you're in the wellness industry"
:shock: I couldn't believe someone would think I would just set that up there to have the "appearance" of an active lifestyle!

*haha* OK, that's really strange.

What in the world are people thinking???!!!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby stonegirl on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:14 am

Unfortunately, my building has new rules of no bikes allowed :( So even though I've ridden my bike to work every summer for the last 5 yrs, I can no longer do that. Unless I want to lock it up outside, which I don't feel comfortable with because of the late hours I work. So I can no longer have that prop to promote healthy, active lifestyles! :lol:

Since my trainer has left, I have been doing P90X. Anyone here tried it? It's pretty intense. I'm entering week 4, which is a recovery week - thank god, because to be honest, I'm tired! But I am really missing biking to work. I guess I just need to add in some bike rides in the evenings after work...

How is everyone else's summer fitness going?

Oh! and I forgot to tell you guys - I ran my first 5K two weeks ago!! WooHoo!! That was my big fitness goal for the summer ... so YAH! :smt026
stonegirl

Postby stonegirl on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Help!! I need some motivation PUHLEASE!!! I have been soooo lazy.... is it the summer heat? I just don't know, but I have not been getting nearly enough exercise :irked:
Can someone please give me a swift kick in the rear end??!
stonegirl

Postby pyronymph on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:27 am

*KICK*

hehe, I actually just got up the determination to start my routine again after a long winter and then spraining my ankle severely. I added a bunch of dvds to my netflix and am planning on using that to keep a variation. I did Beginner's Budokon today. I have the P90X, but I'm not at the level yet that I can do that.

If you can, it helps to get a workout buddy! My neighbor and I walk together, it helps to keep you on track if you have someone to "answer to" ;) We did out first walk of the summer today as well. Also remember that anything you do can be considered exercise if you think of it right. It really is in your head more than anything. You know the muscles you're using, so think about them as you bend to transfer your laundry from the washer to dryer, etc.

Keep up with it! Don't be afraid to switch it up and try something new to keep it exciting!
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. - Dick Cavett
pyronymph
Registered Member

Postby stonegirl on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 am

thank you for that kick!!
And good for you for getting started back at it too!
Budokon... sounds interesting...
I'm heading out right now with my favorite workout buddy - my dog! :dogrun:
stonegirl

Previous

Return to Self Care and Body Mechanics