Increasing Website Traffic

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

Increasing Website Traffic

Postby Jin on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 pm

What do you ladies and gentlemen do to increase your website traffic? I've had my site for a couple of months and so far no potential clients have called me.
Jin
Fresh Hands

Re: Increasing Website Traffic

Postby akashafive on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 am

It took over a year for me to start seeing consistent contacts from my website. I started by searching for "massage my city" and looking at any listing sites that turned up in the results. I would look at each site to determine if it had other legit massage therapists listed and if it was free (I only did the free ones, but their are paid ones too), I put my self on it. It is very time consuming, but it gets your website URL out there, and make sure you fill out as much of the info asked as possible. Nothing is more annoying then looking at a listing that only has the practice name and location.. Though, I have to admit 99% of my new clients say that I turned up on the first page of their Google search, which actually turns out to be the Google Places/Maps link that usually appears at the beginning of the results list. My acutal website link does not appear on the first page of serach results. So make sure you go to Google Maps and click the link on the left to add your business. Also be sure you are signed up for Google Analytics if you aren't already. It is helpful to see where your traffic is coming from and what they are doing on your site. Hope this helps a bit! :)
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles
akashafive
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:52 am

use the free google keyword tool to figure what keyword phrases people are actually searching for
JLWmassage

Postby ana371 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 pm

The most important thing is that your title page has the keywords "massage" and your location i.e. "London" for your header <h1>
These must also figure in the text of the main page. Each page should have a proper meta descriprion and the title of your page must also have your keywords too. Make sure your title page has at least 150 words or google does not recognise it as being a proper text page, so you will be penalised. http://www.formations-massages.fr. Post your questions if you want more prescise advice in referencing your site.....
ana371
Fresh Hands

Postby EgoMagickian on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:38 am

Jin wrote:What do you ladies and gentlemen do to increase your website traffic? I've had my site for a couple of months and so far no potential clients have called me.

This is two different issues.

Website traffic is the number of people coming to your website. Two basic things to look at here are quantity and quality. Quantity is the number of visitors. Quality includes things like, how many of these visitors are actually looking for a massage therapist? (My website regularly gets visitors who searched for things like "massage treatment room colors"—that is not quality traffic.)

Conversion is what percentage of visitors take the actions you want upon visiting the site. In your case it's calling you. It might also include things like signing up for your mailing list, downloading your ebook, or following your business on Facebook.

Generally you want to focus on improving conversion before increasing web traffic. There's no point in increasing the number of visitors to a site that does a poor job of persuading those visitors to take the actions you want them to take. After that, you can focus on increasing the amount of quality traffic.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby Dave_Cou on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 pm

EgoMagickian wrote:
Generally you want to focus on improving conversion before increasing web traffic. There's no point in increasing the number of visitors to a site that does a poor job of persuading those visitors to take the actions you want them to take. After that, you can focus on increasing the amount of quality traffic.

^This. Traffic means nothing if the people coming to your website don't become customers. I found some success with advertising "buy X get one free" type deals on our Facebook page to bring them to my site. Once they get there they can then set up an appointment using the discount through my SpaBooker management software. The discount route can be tricky, but making them come back regularly to get something free can be a great way to create returning customers, and by extension website traffic.
Dave_Cou
Fresh Hands

Postby ana371 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:08 pm

The more your site is known on the web the more competative your site will be against other sites that offer the same product as you, in this case a massage. If your site attracts lots of traffic it goes up in the search results and will be easier to find for clients. The more people connect and link to your site the better as this will only improve your Google ranking and within time when a client types "massage therapist London" (and you live in London of course) you will be placed ahead of other sites which attract less traffic. We are talking about a natural search, not Adwords where you pay for clicks. With Adwords of course conversions are key as you pay each time someone clicks on your site. I am a massage therapist practising from France. http://www.maisondulotus.com
ana371
Fresh Hands

Postby JLWmassage on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:53 am

I also have lots of content on my site. I have 100 pages. I was writing a new page every week, but I have fallen off the blogging wagon :lol:
JLWmassage

Postby ThaiKosai on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:52 am

Also don't forget social media - make sure all your blog posts / ideas / special offers etc. find their way onto twitter/facebook/google+ (you can use hootsuite to post on all at the same time)..
ThaiKosai
Fresh Hands

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information